Re: RC buggy package migrated to testing

On Nov 29, 2007 10:11 AM, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> > > I don't see how you get the "and wasn't present before" part of
> > > that. Surely this is exactly what version tagging is for?
> >
> > Only way would be to map dates to versions.
>
> Not the "only way"; the BTS already has the ability for the user to
> *explicitly state* which version of the package has the bug.

You seem to have misinterpreted what I meant, perhaps I wasn't clear enough:

In the absence of version tags, the only way to infer the "and wasn't
present before" part would be to map timestamps (of bugs and uploads)
to versions (of bugs and uploads).

--
bye,
pabs