Re: modified email address in debian/copyright file

On 2007-09-27 16:39 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> writes:
>
> > I don't think there is any requirement to have any upstream contact
> > information whatsoever in order to be able to distribute a package.
>
> This seems to be the point of disagreement. I think this should be
> required, in order that Debian users can have more confidence [0] in
> the copyright status of works in Debian.

This is your goal. It's up to you to find a way to meet it while
respecting the wishes of the upstream authors. If you can't, the
wishes of the upstream authors take precedence and you don't
distribute the package. Do we agree on that ?

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Thanks to the Debian project for going to such lengths never to