Re: modified email address in debian/copyright file

Ben Finney wrote:
I'm of the opinion that a copyright statement for the work in a Debian
package should include valid contact details
If they want to avoid giving valid contact information

The goal is not withold valid contact information, it is to impede automatic email-harvesting software. So far we haven't discussed munging addresses beyond human recognition, just sufficiently to impede work on machine-parsing the copyright file (which I have otherwise heard nothing about) as a by-product.

--
Jon Dowland