Re: modified email address in debian/copyright file

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 03:20:09PM -0500, Steve Greenland
wrote:
> I'd bet at least a small sum of money that "not beyond
> human recognition" and "impede machine parsing" are, at
> this point, non-intersecting sets. It's not even like they
> have to get it right on the first try -- just generate a
> bunch of differnt "unmunges", and try them. Or, more
> accurately, sell them to losers.

I personally agree. I don't bother munging my email address
at all anymore, as I don't think it helps a great deal in
the mid to long term, and it certainly detracts from the
usefulness of an address. However if an upstream author of a
package wishes to conceal their address, I think we should
honour that.

--
Jon Dowland