modified email address in debian/copyright file

Hi all,

Recently, perhaps mainly due to so many spams, it looks common
to write email address like "foo at some.where" etc. and
I wonder if it is acceptable to use such modified email address
in Upstream Author field of debian/copyright file.

I come to think this because when I updated one of my packages
I noticed that an upstream author used such modified email address
in its source files.

Thanks in advance.			2007-9-19(Wed)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima