Re: modified email address in debian/copyright file

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Andre Majorel wrote:
> On 2007-09-20 23:10 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > I would not be against a policy requirement that email addresses
> > in package metadata should be the literal address without
> > munging.
>
> I would not be against a policy requirement that packagers *ask*
> third parties before publishing their email addresses.

The package should include in the copyright file the correct email
address for whatever contact information the upstream author(s) use to
receive queries from users and other people.

The other half is the exact text used in the copyright statement and
licensing statement; if that contains a munged e-mail address or a
non-munged one, then it should be left as-is.

Contacting authors when you package something is always a good idea,
but I see no reason to make it a requirement (or even a way to enforce
such a requirement were it to exist.]

Don Armstrong

--
S: Make me a sandwich