Re: modified email address in debian/copyright file

On 11148 March 1977, Ben Finney wrote:

>> Recently, perhaps mainly due to so many spams, it looks common to
>> write email address like "foo at some.where" etc. and I wonder if it
>> is acceptable to use such modified email address in Upstream Author
>> field of debian/copyright file.
> IANADD, but would argue that making the copyright file, including any
> email addresses, machine-parseable is a worthwhile goal. This goal
> precludes munging the address.

You mean the foo at bar dot com value isnt parseable? I dont think it
has any value to encode an address like this, as any little spambot can
EASILY decode that.
Same goes for those idiots with
"foo+removeme@imtodumbsoremovethis.bar.com" addresses.

--
bye Joerg
<madduck> and yes, the ftpmasters are not the most clueful people