Re: [RFC] Promoting the use of "Homepage:" field in debian/control

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

To me it doesn't seem easy to implement. The naive solution of bugging
all package without a Homepage field will not work because not all
package probably have an Homepage; I agree that the false negatives
would be only a few, but that's not a valid reason for bugging
non-bugged packages.

Other ideas?

Bugging those packages that contain an url in the description first?
Perhaps grepping debian/copyright for potential homepage strings?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de