Re: proposed release goal: DEBIAN/md5sums for all packages

Kurt Roeckx schrieb:

> The hash file, which is architecture dependend, is created on install.
> This is the only file in the package that is architecture dependend.

If it is created on install, why is it in the packages filelist in the
first place? Other packages also generate (supposedly architecture
dependend) files during postinst, without shipping a placeholder in the
.deb - so what is the reason why [ia]spell does that?

Uhm, also: I couldn't find any such example in the [ia]spell packages
themselves nor in wamerican, myspell-de-de, ispell-de-de so perhaps
(some of) those packages used to do that sort of stuff, but refrain from
doing so now?

Regards,
Sven