Re: proposed release goal: DEBIAN/md5sums for all packages

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 01:27:45AM +0200, Sven Mueller wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx schrieb:
> >
> > The hash file, which is architecture dependend, is created on install.
> > This is the only file in the package that is architecture dependend.
>
> If it is created on install, why is it in the packages filelist in the
> first place? Other packages also generate (supposedly architecture
> dependend) files during postinst, without shipping a placeholder in the
> .deb - so what is the reason why [ia]spell does that?

It is modified on install, not created on install, although he final effect
is similar.

> Uhm, also: I couldn't find any such example in the [ia]spell packages

aspell does not provide any dict. ispell source package does not use
autobuildhash, so we have different iamerican and ibritish packages
for every arch.

> themselves nor in wamerican, myspell-de-de,

These do not create hashes of any kind.

> ispell-de-de so perhaps

ispell-de-de????

--