Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

Josselin Mouette <joss <at> debian.org> writes:

> Le dimanche 12 août 2007 à 09:34 +0000, William Pitcock a écrit :
> You should talk about this with the maintainer; this has nothing to do
> with our processes. If that version was so buggy as not to be usable,
> the maintainer should have prevented it from entering a stable release.

Well, 1.2 was usable for most people.

> 1.3.2 has been in testing for more than a month.

That's nice. I'm sorry for getting that wrong.

> I wonder what kind of crack you are on. Your website shows the 1.3.0
> release date as being 2 march 2007. This was only one month before the
> etch release, during the deep freeze phase.
>
> If you think one month is a considerable amount of time, you have no
> idea of what integrating a distribution means.

I find it funny that Fedora Core 5, 6, and 7, all included the latest versions
of Audacious at the time of their releases, which had similar time windows.

> Please check your facts.

Please stop calling my project an XMMS replacement. Because it's not. I'm simply
providing the mailing list the same courtesy of assuming facts and deriving
facts from old, outdated information instead of doing research (as many others
have done). It seems appropriate here.

William