Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 10:01:22AM +0200, Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:
>   PS: I'm very fond of the apache (to be removed) Recommends. really.
>       especially on a notebook, it helps understanding how broken the
>       recommends chain is right now.

I don't know for your case, but there are packages in debian that can use
apache as a file sharing backend. And it's particularly useful on laptops.

Now, the problem is we don't have any way, in these packages, to say that
they only need the binaries, and not the service running.

Mike