Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

[Bernd Zeimetz]
> Especially with -dev packages I can't see a reason to 'recommend'
> another package - either you need foo-dev to be able to use bar-dev,
> or not. Developers usually know which libraries they want to use.

I disagree - I think Recommends is appropriate for a -dev package which
only needs another -dev package in the static linking case.  Or should
that be Suggests?  Currently I think most packagers use Depends here,
which I believe is too strong.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/