Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

So it seems like we should do the following:

1. Make changes to the menu system to use .desktop files in preference
to .menu files when they exist

2. Generate .desktop files from .menu files using the menu system when
.desktop files don't exist.

3. Continue using the menu system for window managers which don't
natively understand .desktop files; drop the Debian menu for those
that do.

The other issue that was brought up was improving the hierarchical
organization of the menus, but how to do that hasn't been made clear
in this thread.

Don Armstrong

--
"I'm a rational being--of a sort--rational enough, at least, to see the
symptoms of insanity around me. And I'm human, the same as the people