Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 04:12:02AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> So it seems like we should do the following:
(...)

4. Add i18n support to menu so that it can generate localised menu names,
   entries and tooltips both when converting desktop -> menu (for WM !=
   KDE/GNOME/Xfce) and when converting menu -> desktop (for WM ==
   KDE/GNOME/Xfce). As WM might not have i18n support for their menu, this
   should be based on the system's /etc/default/locale setting when
   converting from desktop -> menu to select a single text string there.

> The other issue that was brought up was improving the hierarchical
> organization of the menus, but how to do that hasn't been made clear
> in this thread.

Maybe some of the people that claim that the hierarchical organization is
broken should open up a wiki page and do a side-to-side comparison of
Debian's menu vs. Freedesktop's menu structure.

Just my 2c,

Javier