Re: x86 buildd for experimental ?

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Loïc Minier <lool+debian@via.ecp.fr> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>>> I think that is a shortcomming of apt though.
>>> apt-get install foo=1.2-3
>>> will fetch foo 1.2-3 from whatever repository that has that
>>> version. But with
>>> Package: foo
>>> Version: 1.2-3
>>> Depends: bar (= 1.2-3)
>>> apt-get will NOT fetch bar 1.2-3 unless it happens to have the highest
>>> pin and highest version by chance.
>>
>>  You mean a shortcoming of apt-get?  I think aptitude manages this more
>>  naturally.
>
> If it really does then we could use aptitude in sbuild. If you have
> the time please do try.

Alternatively, how much of the apt-get logic lives in libapt?  We
could just use libapt directly.

(This might involve rewriting sbuild in C++; this is a possibility
I've been considering for several years, but not yet got around
to--writing schroot was the first step of that plan.)

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh