Re: localisation in system wide daemons

>         I hate to break it to you (and I do sincerely apologize for
>  spoiling your innocence), but lexicons are not handed down to mankind
>  on tablets writ in stone as some kind of divine donation.

I was not claiming that.

Indeed, I was claiming exactly the opposite, that the dictionary was
describing a _usage_ of the word by english speakers.  I've personally
seen many such uses with exactly the meaning given, so it's pretty clear
to me that the dictionary has not somehow screwed up in that mission.

As I said, it's more or less archaic usage these days, and it would be
nice if they indicated that, but I do not know how dictionaries handle
such cases in general.

-Miles

--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.