Re: localisation in system wide daemons

>         Merriam-Webster is falling into the old non-PC
>  over-generalization that all inhabitants of India are Hindus.

"Merriam-Webster" isn't falling into anything, it's a dictionary, and
dictionaries describe usage.

I know from reading old books that this particular usage (usually with
the slightly odd spelling given "hindoo") used to be very common.  I
presume that most people these days are better informed, so perhaps
there should be some notation in the dictionary like "archaic" or
whatever, but I don't know if they generally make such distinctions.

-Miles

--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo