Re: localisation in system wide daemons

Hello all,

sorry for the late answer but I am fighting with a SPAM bomb...

Am 2006-12-31 08:48:50, schrieb Szalay Attila:
> Hi All!

> Then you lucky or your packages do it right. :)
>
> My problem is not with the bug report language but the cut&pasted log
> messages language. If I got a bug report I allways ask for log messages
> (not for my packages but in some mailing list) and it's vwey confusable
> if I cannot read or understand the log messages. And if I had have a
> package with a lot of messages it would have been a PIA. (IMHO)

I have customers which use byside Debian some another distributions
and it is realy annoying, if th init scripts output localized
messages and they apear localized in the logfiles.

I have two RedHat systems to maintain which do that and the messages
are in french.

I do not like to see Debian doing the same thing...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)