Re: XS-X-Vcs-XXX field not (yet) announced

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 02:36:46AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Seems to me that this is fit for centralized single branch
>  repositories only -- at least, I fail to see how I can represent my
>  mlti-branch (no yet multi-repository) configs that need at least 3
>  different branches from three different categories to pull together
>  my Debian packages.
>
>         If this is a SVN only thing, then  you could get awau with
>  calling ti XS-SVN field.

It is definitely not an SVN only thing. As some evidence for this
consider how many non distributed VCS are available out there, that the
initial usage of the field by dato was for a Bzr repository, and that
the Common Lisp guys are able to use it with Darcs.

Still I see your point, it can be that not all repository layouts can be
expressed with it. My point on this is still the same: where do you use
to commit patches to the packaging? or better, do you have a repo you
consider "master" wrt to the other? If there is one, as I think, mention
it in the field and use debian/README.Debian-source for additional info.

If you really think your scheme is specific of a given VCS of a given
way of working you can propose a URL scheme able to encode multiple
URLs, or we can imagine put in the field a comma separated list of URLs.
After all the semantic of the value of XS-Vcs-* will be *-driven.

Cheers.