Re: [Pkg-sysvinit-devel] Re: Moving /var/run to a tmpfs?

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 the mental interface of
Russ Allbery told:

> Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:
> > [Mario Holbe]
>
> >> So, as long as the Debian policy doesn't handle this,
>
> > I agree that we should update the policy to document this fact.
>
> It would be quite nice to have more people participating in the Policy
> process in general.  There are a fair number of proposals, but not a lot
> of people reading proposals, helping achieve consensus, and seconding.
> For example, I haven't gotten any responses to my patch to document ~ in
> version numbers, and I'm not sure what happened to the menu policy
> overhaul.

I've experienced problems using "tilde" in Filenames:
The problem is caused by the fact that there is a "~" in the
directory name. Libtool uses "~" as a separator. [1]

[1]http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/patch_libtool_changing_cmds_ifs.html

Elimar

--
  Alles was viel bedacht wird ist bedenklich!;-)
         Friedrich Nietzsche