Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas? Debian official "update sub-release"

John Goerzen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 05:09:54PM +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
> > ciol wrote:
> > > The problem is that Debian doesn't speak a lot about nice features like
> > > volatile and backports, for instance in the official web site, where it's
> > > difficult to see the links.
> >
> > The... err... issue is that these services (snapshots, volatile, backports)
> > are not official project's projects yet and also quite new, hence, not
> > integrated in the current stable installer.  It is discussed to change
> > this though.  You are correct, though, that they're not widely announced.

> As it is, it is unclear to me who is building those packages, of what
> quality they are, and what kind of security support they are receiving.

It's Debian developers.  They're updated occasionally.  Security updates
are pulled into both archives in similar timeframes like security.debian.org,
sometimes even faster since not that many architectures are involved.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Have you ever noticed that "General Public Licence" contains the word "Pub"?