Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

Am 2006-07-28 13:35:30, schrieb Katrina Jackson:

> You say Ubuntu has better publicity, which it does.  But why is this the
> case?  I know Mark has more money, but since you have so many programmers,

He is Miliardaire (TV interview and his own words).

> and seem so passionate about your OS, why aren't you as successful getting
> publicity?  I'm not accusing anyone.  I guess I just really would like to
> know:

Do we need publicity of tens of million Euros?

> A.)  Could Debian do anything to get better publicity and change people's
> perceptions.  (For instance, if Debian is so more "well build" then Ubuntu
> why don't the press keep mentioning this?

Do you want to pay the making of such publicity?
Ubuntu/Canonical is commercial while Debian is a volunter organization.

> B.)  Why hasn't more been done?  Why isn't there any major reports by like
> PC World which say "Ubuntu is top 100 products, but man if you want a better
> distro, more well built etc.. you should check out Debian.

Because Ubunto pay for ranking?  ;-)

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)