Re: cdrtools

This one time, at band camp, Riku Voipio said:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 04:09:33PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > This is of course a lie.....or why don't you like to prove it:
>
> > http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/problems.html
>
> > Come back to reallity, the k3b maintainers did already give up with
> > Debian versions of cdrtools and use self-compiled unmodified originalsources.
>
> This is of course a lie.....or why don't you like to prove it?

I'm not trying to pick on you, Riku, but please, let's stop.  It's clear
that on the one side, there's the JS point of view:

Debian only exists to steal my time
My code is so portable it will run on anything except kernels that have
  been maliciously modified by upstream to thwart me
It is absolutely OK to mix incompatible license, you can tell by some
  guy's facial expression when the license's author is talking

On the other hand, there's the rest of the world:

Put down the crack pipe and step away slowly

These two points of views seem unlikely to be reconciled, so can we just
end the discussion and move on?  At least some versions of cdrecord are
under a free license, and are there for forkable, some upstream
whimsical interpretations notwithstanding.

Let's just get on with it.