Re: cdrtools

Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>
>> Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> writes:

>> > You should inform yourself about reality....
>>
>> Are you willing to put money where your mouth is and offer a reward
>> for finding a bug like the tex author does?
>
> Do you really believe that you are able to deflect from the main problem:
>
> The original sources do not have such bugs and many Debian users that
> did write bug reports against the Debian version of cdrtools did already
> switch to a self compiled original source in order to get a working cdrecord.
>
> Why don't you read my reply?

I rather burn my own CDs/DVDs and see for myself if the program works.

Your source: total failure.
Debian source: works perfectly for years.

Conclusion: Debian patches are GOOD. And that for years and years.

> I did never claim that cdrecord is free of bugs, but it works out of the box
> on Linux while the version Debian publishes does not because Debian introduced
> bugs into cdrtools that are not present in the original.

Bugs caused by upstream relicensing the source to something considered
non-free by debian and being too stubborn to work with the kernel
developer together or at least follow developement or anyone other
"Troll" for that matter: All of them.

Anyway, all our bugs belong to us. It is Debians BTS and not
yours. What do you care? The Debian cdrecord clearly states that is it
modified just like you demand in the source. It followed all your
requirements.

> Note that the fact that the Debian bug list
> still contains these "bugs" verifies that the Debian Maintainer is not doing real
> work but the only goal of Debian is to steal my time by pulling me into useless
> discussions:

It takes two to tango. If you don't want to disguss then stop.

> Jörg

MfG
        Goswin