Re: Centralized darcs

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 16:47 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> I do use darcs to track patches against upstream.  I really don't
> understand the whole cdbs/dpatch/whatever thing -- why use a hack to
> manage your patches when you could use a real VC tool that does it
> better?

A patch system can be very convenient for the people who are not the
maintainer of the package - if you fetch the source package from the
archive you get all packages neatly separated and mostly with a
description. It's then easy to extract a patch, disable a patch or add a
new one, for example when NMU'ing.

If I'm correct the source package won't display the changesets from your
VC.

Thijs