Centralized darcs (was Re: centralized bzr)

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 08:31:37PM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Right, bzr is great when you have a designed person to integrate
> contributor's changes after review.
>
> But if you have a set of equal developers, bzr can be also used in a
> very similar way to Subversion, where all commits go to a central
> repository, and nobody has to collect them. It's just a matter of
> setting up a directory somewhere with the appropriate write permissions,
> and say "This is our canonical archive, the uploader will include what
> it's in there, nothing more, nothing less".

I would say that this goes for darcs as well, but even more.

Darcs has a nice way of pushing patches via e-mail, with GPG signatures
even.  These can be processed in an automated way on the server,
verified against, for instance, the Debian keyring, and then applied to
the repository.

I think it would work even nicer.

-- John