Re: Centralized darcs

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 06:12:34PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > diff also doesn't preserve permissions, so some are using debian/rules
> > anyway.
>
> Indeed but that can make thing broke due the wrong permission of
> upstream files, iff you use darcs to maintain those fixes mixed with
> changes for packaging.

It's true that it *can* happen, but it rarely *does* happen, and when it
does, there are easy workarounds.

I do use darcs to track patches against upstream.  I really don't
understand the whole cdbs/dpatch/whatever thing -- why use a hack to
manage your patches when you could use a real VC tool that does it
better?