Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

At 1154090521 past the epoch, Katrina Jackson wrote:
> PS.  Hardware, Hardware, Hardware, I have to confess, if
> there was better hardware support I think most people
> would be happy.  Hardware supported by Ubuntu 6 months
> ago, should be supported by Debian by now.

Without further specifics, this is not a useful argument to
have.  Assuming by "Ubuntu" you mean Ubuntu Breezy (i.e.
stable as of 6 months ago), but what do you mean by
"Debian"?  Sarge?  Sid today? Sid yesterday? Etch last week?
If you've only looked at Sarge, say, then perhaps Debian
*does* support the hardware you are talking about.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/