Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 09:52:34AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         We do not vote for every decision there is --- and this does
>  not boil down to the tyranny of the majority.  For my packages, it
>  still remains just my decision --- unless you can get three quarters
>  of the membership to decide to change the nature of Debian
>  fundamentally.

I'm not proposing to take any kind of decision, nor to force you to
co-maintain your packages with someone else.

Still, since you keep on using corner cases and ad-hoc built examples as
evidence of issues with team maintenance, I was just proposing to use a
poll to discover quantitatively how DDs feel about team maintenance on
the average. No more, no less.

>         Anyway, we are getting nowhwere.

I agree on that and I will stop here.