Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:23:33 -0500, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> said:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 05:44:38PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
>> > If Debian had slightly less of a culture of "Keep your hands off
>> > my package", I'd do it here instead.
>>
>> That seems understandable.  I'm keen on teams, but even more keen
>> on a less "ownery" stance by package owners.

> I agree.  We should do it like the BSDs: a tree that any developer
> can commit to, for any package.

        How would you handle dilution of responsibility?  Or too many
 people making broad commits to to many packages without considering
 the details of the particular package being touched?

        When everyone is responsible for something, no one is
 responsible.

        manoj
--
You can't break eggs without making an omelet.