Re: lilypond and python

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Actually, I didn't make those "packaging mistakes"; the previous
> maintainer did.

 « "The previous maintainer did the mistakes" is the refrain of people
 who don't want to fix their packages. »   :-P

> You seem to think this is a battle, in which there is a winner and a
> loser.  I don't.

 You seem to read my brain.  Seriously, WTF are you writing?

> >  I heard from multiple sources that the problem with the new upstream
> >  release was not at all caused by the default python version -- as you
> >  claimed -- but either by a higher guile requirement.
> No, it requires *both* the newer Python *and* the newer Guile.

 I wrote "the default python version", and I maintain that my original
 fix would work with the new upstream release.

>                                                                 You
> are not paying attention.  You are instead trying to get by with
> minimal understanding, proclaiming how deficient I am, reporting so
> far *three* bugs, one of which is not a bug, and the other two of
> which are *clearly* wishlist items; indeed, in one of the reports
> *you yourself* indicate that it's a wishlist item.  Grow up.

 COUNTER-RETORT.

 Basically, my remarks match those in the complete report of Pierre
 Habouzit in <[🔎] 200607271206.04579.madcoder@debian.org> which you didn't
 reply to except to claim that you were already knew about the guile
 issue (yet you failed to mention it!).

 Since my messages are not bringing anything new to the discussion and
 will end up only bashing you over and over, I'll stop my contribution
 to this thread.

PS: I cut the obvious personal attacks out of your messages; I suggest
you take a break and stop calling people names.
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>