Re: lilypond and python

Loïc Minier <lool+debian@via.ecp.fr> writes:

>  This would only fix problems in experimental, lilypond is currently not
>  releasable, so imaginating that the Python switch would not happen, we
>  would end up without lilypond.

In my opinion, the current lilypond in Debian is not suitable for
release, even with the existing problems solved.  It would not be
appropriate to release such an old version in etch, and if nothing
happens with python by the time etch is released, then lilypond should
be removed from etch.

I wish this weren't so, but a hobbled solution seems to me to be a
poor choice.  I am interested in the opinions of others on this
topic.

>  BTW, did you take note of the problems I mentionned or would you prefer
>  them reported in a bug report or even multiple bug reports?

Multiple bug reports, please, one per distinct issue.

Thomas