Re: package ownership in Debian

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> Yes, and we could start by really enforcing co-maintainership.  Make it 100%
> mandatory for all essential, required and base packages at first.

There are many ways of working together with people, and
co-maintainership works well for some people and not for others.

Moreover, a mandator co-maintainership has some serious problems
besides it being only one pattern of cooperation.

For example, would someone be required to accept a co-maintainer even
if there were no volunteers they thought they could work with
productively?

Thomas