Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Nice state of Utopia. Bu of course, everyone is not uniformly
>  motivated, and people's motivation is not static, it changes over
>  time, real life has a trendency to sometimes intrude, --- so the
>  reality is far from everyone is all equal and interchangeable cogs in
>  the happy happy debian machine.

 Utopia which is working pretty nicely with Ubuntu...  And the argument
 that you advance are more in favor of my mode of working: if people's
 motivation is not static, it is even better not to have to rely on
 people to work on their packages and to let everyone do so.

> >  The release team will always give the green flag for a release
> >  anyway, so they will be the final judge, and if something is not
> >  perfect, and they think it is important, they will say so, and one
> >  of the gazillions of developers motivated enough by the release
> >  will fix it.
>         I don't know how this applies to the team-or-no-team question
>  one way or the other. Are you implying one may fuck up to one's
>  hearts content since the super-uber release team shall fly in to save
>  the day?

 No, I already mentionned that I think some people are fucking things
 too greatly and why I wouldn't consider open NMU a good thing right now
 in Debian; I won't repeat the arguments here, but I simply think it's
 not possible "as is" in Debian right now.
   However, would this be possible, I consider it would be the rold of
 the release team to block the release until the bugs which matter are
 fixed: surprise, this is what they do right now!

 I think you're imaginating things based on what I said which are not
 correct simply because we are both talking on a to high level.  In
 other words, we're both loosing our time if we can make so stupide
 misunderstandings.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>