Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 09:29:49 +0200, Loïc Minier <lool+debian@via.ecp.fr> said:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> When everyone is responsible for something, no one is responsible.

>  If everyone is motivated to work on the distribution and fix bugs
>  in the distribution, it doesn't change the global amount of work
>  that we can produce in fixing bugs.

        Nice state of Utopia. Bu of course, everyone is not uniformly
 motivated, and people's motivation is not static, it changes over
 time, real life has a trendency to sometimes intrude, --- so the
 reality is far from everyone is all equal and interchangeable cogs in
 the happy happy debian machine.

>  The release team will always give the green flag for a release
>  anyway, so they will be the final judge, and if something is not
>  perfect, and they think it is important, they will say so, and one
>  of the gazillions of developers motivated enough by the release
>  will fix it.

        I don't know how this applies to the team-or-no-team question
 one way or the other. Are you implying one may fuck up to one's
 hearts content since the super-uber release team shall fly in to save
 the day?

        manoj
--
VMS must die!