Re: Shouldn't we have more ftp masters ?

People, please move this thread over to -project

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:13:37AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> > On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:04:29AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >> [Benjamin Seidenberg]
> >>
> >> Sounds good, but do not really addresses the fundamental problem here,
> >> which is that NEW processing at the moment is fragile and stops
> >> completely when the single person handling NEW is busy elsewhere.
> >
> > There are two people, they are both on vacation.
>
> But then, isn't the time to choose people to fulfill positions when
> key people is in vacation?

Only the ftp-assistants were on vacation, the ftp-masters were still
around.  I assume they evaluated the situation and decided it was not
critical enough to warrant further steps.

> IMHO, key people should always keep someone doing the job when going
> out so the project don't slow down because of it. Our current, active,
> ftpmaster are very receptive but this don't exclude the possibility of
> them going to vacation together or at same time and the project slow
> down a bit.

Well, it seems their vacations are over now or very soon, so this point
is moot.

Personally, I don't think this issue is enough to revoke ftp-master's
right to choose their staff among themselves, but rather push more
people onto their team without their consent.

Please follow-up on -project.

Michael

--
Michael Banck