Re: Real Life hits: need to give up packages for adoption

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:09:07AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Hi,

> >> I'd take my chance on this one. There is a large number of bugs open and
> >> I believe that this package is very important. Still I'd like to have a
> >> co-maintainer for the package. Anyone else interested? I'd create an SVN
> >> repository on my server or alioth.
> >
> > I have no problem with co-maintenance, but I'd have a problem with svn.
>
> Maybe bzr or git?

I'm currently looking into several systems. Usually I use Subversion and
svn-buildpackage but due to a lot of trouble with svn-buildpackage I
have moved away from repositories for my Debian packages lately.

Darcs looks like a nice competitor but has some issues regarding
checking in changes automatically (might as well be my ignorance but it
sounds like I need weird scripts and a .procmailrc to merge changes
automatically).

For git and bzr there don't seem to be sophisticated tools to build
packages (*-buildpackage). svn-buildpackage for example keeps the
upstream tarballs in one directory but still builds from the trunk/
which is pretty nice.

Well, well, all the RCS philosophy again. Too much choice.

Kindly
 Christoph
--
~