Re: Shouldn't we have more ftp masters ?

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 11:42:16PM +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
>
>> I think it's debconf time and everything is slower, but will be as
>> usual when it's end and everyone came back to his/her normal work.
>>

> The point of the first mail was exactly about that. NEW queue can't stay
> unprocessed just because 1 or 2 ftp masters/assistants are attending
> debconf or on vacation. They have all rights of doing so, of course! But
> we need someone else able to take over their duties in this respect.
>
> I do think that NEW processing is rather important for package
> maintenance and that it can hinder development.
>
> Cheers.

FYI:
12:33 < Ganneff> and for all those impatient waiting for NEW: i will
clear that
                 in my jetlag time, in those nights i cant sleep (ie 1st
-> 2nd
                 june, 2-> 3) :)
12:37 < Ganneff> maybe i can do a bit of NEW later today, but im going
to look
                 around in mx city in a few minutes, only doing urgent
stuff
                 online atm)