Re: Debian Light Desktop - meta package

Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> A XFCE-based lightweight desktop also isn't something which happened
> overnight.

As in "xfce4" package, sure. But all the additional applications are
something to be considered very carefully.

> It's the usual thing I install as desktop environment, and
> I appreciate that it might become easier and better integrated now.

Simply preinstalling a certain set of additional applications does not
imply that it will be better integrated, as they were made neither
with XFCE in mind, nor they are maintained by the same team of developers.