Re: The problem with killfiles, and other musings [Was: Re: removal of svenl from the project]

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 12:34:09PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2006-03-19 12:28]:
> > Anyway, Steve, please try to live up to your own standard, and cut
> > the ad-hominem attacks out in the future.
>
> Describing the situation as it is perceived by many people doesn't
> really count as ad-hominem attacks.  Maybe for once you should listen

Ok, but there is a serious problem there. There is a part of truth in his
description, but also he is not telling the whole truth and misrepresenting
part of it. I was scheduled for summary expulsion because i replied to such,
and in the wake of the expulsion process, he could have avoided it.

> and ask yourself why so many people have a difficult time working with
> you, rather than taking it as "ad-hominem attacks" or people being
> against Pegasos or whatever explanation you came up for yourself.

There are others in the project people have a difficult time working with,
including some of the respected and eminent guys, but nobody would dare
expulse them for it, or even critic.

I mean, Steve mentioned the debian-legal thing, but failed to mention that
part of my involvement with debian-legal (over the ocaml issue, but previously
the XFree86 licence mess), made me the receiving end of a irc-witch-hunt from
branden assufield and a few others i don't remember, which would have made
andres have an heart attack had he seen it.

Furthermore he says i maligned the RMs, while i ever had problems only with
him, and over the vancouver document, which i believe many will agree was not
an example of peacefull communication and utter lack of respect for the work
of part the debian developers, or that joey hess regularly has some hateful
diatribe against the lazy porters, ignoring the fact that d-i itself makes
their job more difficult, and i could continue such, but i would be finger
pointed because of it.

When Manoj or Steve or other 'well-respected' developers exhibit the same
behavior i have had here, then all is normal, right ?

Nothing is always that black and white, and it is especially this kind of wild
accusations, with the menace of expulsion would i dare to reply which is
really difficult to swallow, right ?

I really expected more of you than this.

Sven Luther