Re: NEW queue backing up again -- ftpmasters, any explanation or comment?

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 11:00 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Ouch.  If that is true, I hope ftpmasters will announce it to the
> developers, as a blocked NEW hinders development of Debian and should
> not we a surprise.  An announcement would at least give us some idea
> on when the NEW holding will end, and let us plan ahead.
>
> It blocks my development at least, as I normally want to make sure one
> level of dependencies are in the archive and doing well before I move
> on and upload the next level of dependencies.  Blocked NEW stops all
> progress in this case, and I spend time on other things while I wait.

It appears that dar is being blocked because the soname of libdar3c2a
has changed to libdar4.

Normally processing such packages is very quick, so the delay, even
though it has only been several days (I uploaded Sunday; it is now
Tuesday) it would appear that NEW is blocked for some reason.

However, no changes in my upload are critical (at least none that I am
aware of), and there are no known security bugs, so I am not
complaining. Just curious.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>