Re: NEW queue backing up again -- ftpmasters, any explanation or comment?

On 3/13/06, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
> On 10592 March 1977, Gustavo Franco wrote:
>
> > If the ftpmasters are going to stop NEW processing for a while with or
> > without a special criteria, they should inform us through d-d-a or the
> > DPL if they think it will generate too much noise, like these threads.
> > If they did that i'm yet to hear about.
>
> Brr, there was no such decision, so no need to inform anything anywhere.
>
> It was more a "try to not grow that fast for now, and try to remove
> stuff when you add new things". That was after the archive growing
> superfast in a very short timeframe, due to some multiple uploads of big
> packages in a row.

Oh, i see. Thanks Joerg.

> The backlog in NEW is more from some timing problems I had.

Do you consider in backlog, packages like mozilla-firefox-adblock? If
yes, couldn't us add in the NEW queue page[0] a status (or notes)
column? I'm sure you know better than me if it will be useful to
inform the maintainer that you're investigating about licensing issues
or something like that.

[0] = http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Thanks,
-- stratus