Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 01:53:26AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> writes:
>
> > In practice, it doesn't work out to mean the same thing, however.  Most of
> > the packages in universe are maintained only by the Debian maintainer, and
> > propagated unmodified into Ubuntu.  It is only when there is a specific
> > motive to change the package in Ubuntu that anyone on that team will touch
> > it.
>
> They are *not* maintained by the Debian maintainer, for the simple
> reason that the Debian maintainer does not have control over the
> contents of the package!

Ok, now can you explain this inconsitency, you say in another mail that most
ubuntu packages are maintained by the debian maintainers.

Does this mean that those 'most' packages are maintained by the debian
maintainers, who do uploads to ubuntu also ? How many is most in this case ?
Do they also know about it ? I mean i was never proposed to make ubuntu
maintenance of my packages for example, so i wonder how this works.

Friendly,

Sven Luther