Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 01:53:26AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> writes:
>>
>> > In practice, it doesn't work out to mean the same thing, however.  Most of
>> > the packages in universe are maintained only by the Debian maintainer, and
>> > propagated unmodified into Ubuntu.  It is only when there is a specific
>> > motive to change the package in Ubuntu that anyone on that team will touch
>> > it.
>>
>> They are *not* maintained by the Debian maintainer, for the simple
>> reason that the Debian maintainer does not have control over the
>> contents of the package!
>
> Ok, now can you explain this inconsitency, you say in another mail that most
> ubuntu packages are maintained by the debian maintainers.

Um, no, I don't recally saying in another email that ubuntu packages
are maintained by the Debian maintainers.  In fact, I've said the opposite.

Are you confusing me with Matt?

> Does this mean that those 'most' packages are maintained by the debian
> maintainers, who do uploads to ubuntu also ? How many is most in this case ?
> Do they also know about it ? I mean i was never proposed to make ubuntu
> maintenance of my packages for example, so i wonder how this works.

Um, I think you and I are in nearly complete agreement.  Do you have
me confused with someone else?

Thomas