Re: Development standards for unstable

* Thomas Viehmann:

> I think that not shipping unmaintained and unsupported packages is a
> benefit. Packages need a maintainer to enter, I think they should need
> one to stay.

A real problem is that willingness to maintain a package in unstable
is not as good a predictor as you might think for the future situation
in stable.  I'm talking about mainly about security bugs, of course.

I'm not really sure how to address this (I plan to implement my
proposed opt-in approach in March or April, although it's far from a
complete solution).  A strict policy-based approach which rejects
packages with no support perspective (based on past experience) would
certainly result in a very painful transition.