Re: Development standards for unstable

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

> * Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) [060112 18:11]:
>> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>>
>> > * Christoph Berg (myon@debian.org) [060112 16:28]:

>> > well, just make a list that I can just copy into my hint file.
>>
>> Hm, I can't find the context:  Are you talking about all such packages,
>> or only packages with RC bugs?
>
> The ones that are orphaned for some time. If we see it doesn't work or
> is not worth, we can change that back of course.

I can't see why removing an orphaned package that has no RC bugs, and
let's say, even no important bugs, and which is stable in the sense that
there's no new upstream version (e.g. an established font), from testing
makes testing's quality better.  What about a hypothetical package that
has no bugs at all, but some users according to popcon?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich