Re: Development standards for unstable

Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> I very much agree that we should strive to make packages as good as
> possible, but if users depend on a package and there are no real
> showstoppers in it, we might do our users a better service with shipping
> than with not shipping the package.
No. Shipping unsupported packages no developer cares about is a bad idea.
Really, how about just automatically[1] removing orphaned packages
without maintained rdepends from testing?

Kind regards

T.

[1] And yes, I'd maintain a list if it's considered a good idea.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/