Re: Need for launchpad

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:42:20 +0000, Martin Meredith <mez@ubuntu.com> said:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> I have only said that I would like Ubuntu to clearly label which is
>> the Debian maintainer and which is the Ubuntu maintainer.

> Thing is, in ubuntu - we don't neccesarily have "maintainers" for
> packages.

> We use a collaborative process - anyone who had access can modify
> the package. Basically - many many people can change a package,
> which can be confusing for people.

        Could you then take my name off as being reponsible for
 software that this diverse group of people have modified, if the
 modifications are more than cosmetic?  Also, I would like the bug
 reports to be triaged and forwarded to me, so I know of problems in
 my work.

        On the internet all you have is your reputation. Keeping my
 name on software that is different from what I have produced, and not
 telling me of problems people may have found in my product, harms my
 reputation.

        manoj

--
A sine curve goes off to infinity, or at least the end of the
blackboard. Prof. Steiner