Re: Canonical's business model

On 1/11/06, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:
> Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> writes:
>
> (...)
>
> > I don't
> > remember Linspire, Progeny, ... employees doing the same thing so it
> > makes no sense rant against Canonical only.
>
> On the other hand, Linspire and Progeny do not pretend to be
> cooperating with Debian.

Yes, they do. Progeny[0] even has a Ubuntu' similar page[1]. Linspire
doesn't do much noise about that but, sponsor events. I'm not saying
that both companies don't give something back to Debian, but we never
discussed if it was being done in the right way. If we started with
Canonical great, but we need to consider others too, IMHO.

[0] = http://www.progeny.com/partners/debian.htm
[1] = http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/relationship

--
Gustavo Franco